Welcome!

Welcome to Dave's Blog! Feel free to look around, post a few comments, or ask questions. Thanks for Visiting

Coaching: Teaching Proper Baseball Mechanics

Quote of the Week

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. -Anatole France
2/1/09
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time. -Lou Brock
2/9/09
We must suffer from one of two pains...the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs a ton.- unknown
2/18/09

Riddles of the month

Read the riddles and send me your answer or post if you like. Challenge your mind and try not to cheat.

What comes once in a minute twice ina moment but nerver in a thousand years?

A man pushes his car to a hotel and goes bankrupt, Why does he go bankrupt?


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Google Docs

Describe how you could use each of the Google applications discussed tonight in a classroom setting.

  • Google Calender could be very useful for scheduling things for your students, faculty, or staff members, or even sporting events. This tool would be very helpful and useful for anyone who is unorganized like myself. I will most likely use this tool in the future.
  • Igoogle- would be very useful for those who can't afford the word processing programs because it uses the tools very similar to that used on windows if not exact. I would instruct my lesser fortunate students who have access to a library to use such programs to do assignments if I were to assign them one for a class
  • Picaso- is very useful for any blog site, or networking site. I could definity use this application for my classes and online resumes to show prospecting principals who I am and how I work with the kids In a gym class.
  • Knol- Is alot like wiki I could use it for personal experiences and knowledge on certain issues. I could have my students post their assignment or research projects on this site so that they could late be used as an example for students who come through my class again. This site is a good tool for random pieces of knowledge but it is not exactly credible.

1 comment:

My Roots: Husky Baseball